University of St Andrews Shop Limited is ultimately owned by the University of St Andrews. St Andrews is Scotland’s first University and the third oldest in the English-speaking world, founded in 1413. All the items for sale on this website have been authorised and approved by the University of St Andrews and carry the official logo of the University. All profits made from our online store help to directly support teaching and research at the University of St Andrews.
We promise that if any University of St Andrews Shop Limited product purchased online does not meet with your requirements for any reason, you may return it within three months of the date of purchase, in its original packaging and receive either an exchange or a full refund.*
Every care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions and specifications on this website are correct. However, while the colour reproduction is a close representation, a slight variation in actual goods may occur.
*Please see our returns policy for non-refundable products.
We aim to dispatch all orders within three working days. Exchanged items will be returned to you once the returned products have been received in store and the additional shipping payment has been received. If you would like to check the status of your return or exchange then please contact us.
Collect in store
We’ll hold your order in store for 14 days (unless specified otherwise), after which we’ll return the order and refund your account. Please note, the refund may take up to 7 days to process.
Terms and conditions
A contract between the customer and University of St Andrews Shop Limited for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has been accepted and processed (at which point the buyer’s credit card will be charged for the value of goods dispatched, plus postage where appropriate). This does not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
- Our goods are provided to customers on the basis that title will not pass until a period of three months has elapsed since the items were dispatched. This term applies regardless of the method of payment used in relation to the goods.
- University of St Andrews Shop Limited cannot accept liability for any failure by the customer to comply with specific instructions stated in the garment, catalogue, or website. This statement does not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
- We accept most major credit cards.
- Our website will endeavour to show all items available in our current ranges. We try to hold stock of all styles and sizes while a product is displayed on the website.
- Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice. A delivery charge will be added to your order value, please see Delivery below.
- If the goods are subject to import duties and/or taxes for overseas orders, these costs will solely be borne by you.
- All rings are handmade and the sizing is dictated by the original order completed by the customer. If the customer requires a change of size and notifies the shop prior to casting, this amendment will be made at zero cost to the customer. After casting, if the ring meets the size specification on the order and the customer requires a size amendment this will be at the customers own cost. The cost of this is as follows; £30.00 gold and £22.50 for silver re-sizing. Please contact the shop directly to discuss the resize requirements and make payment.
- Goods purchased on the website can be returned to us for a full refund or exchange within three months of the date of purchase - exclusions apply.
- Gowns, rings, whisky, personalised wall plaques and gift vouchers are excluded from any promotions and are non-refundable.
We go to great lengths to ensure the security of your orders and all orders are transmitted over a secure connection. Our online store is maintained on a secure server and no credit card details are stored on our systems.
Registered trade marks and copyright
The following are registered trademarks of University of St Andrews:
“University of St Andrews”; “St Andrews University”; “The University of St Andrews”
The following are registered copyright “Logo” “Crest”.
All content of this website is copyright of University of St Andrews Shop Limited.
Registered office address
The registered office address of University of St Andrews Shop Limited is:
5 Atholl Crescent